Join us on a Journey Trip to Ethiopia, a country rich in culture, yet struggling as one of Africa's poorest states where almost two-thirds of the people are illiterate. The economy revolves around agriculture, which in turn relies on rainfall. Additionally, Ethiopia is one of Africa's leading coffee producers.
Our team will serve alongside Ethiopian believers and assist with various orphan-related ministries at our church partner locations. Discover more about God's heart for the fatherless through meaningful, engaging experiences. Learn about the orphan crisis in this country and what you can do to take action and combat this problem.
For more information regarding this Journey Trip, see FAQs below.
- Local currency is the Birr
- Home to more than 80 ethnic groups
- Estimated 6.3 million orphans
- Winter: May-August
- Traditional food dishes contain maize and meat
- Population: 85 Million
- Life Expectancy: 56 Years
- Literacy Rate: 53%
- Highest death rate in the world
- Religion: Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Christianity
- Unemployment Rate: 25.2%
- Official Languages: Amharic and English
TRIP SPECIFIC FAQs
- Estimated Trip Cost: $3,300
- Trip Deadline: Mar 31, 2019
- Team Size: Max 15
- Where We Will Be (In Country): Addis Ababa
- Questions: email@example.com