Communications Team Assistant
Classification: Part-Time Volunteer or Unpaid Internship
Reports To: Senior Director of Communications
Location: Work from home office
Start Date: Spring 2017
The growing Communications Team of World Orphans is looking for a reliable, detail-oriented, quick learner to assist with various projects in the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent World Orphans in a Christ-like professional manner to many different internal and external constituencies.
- Consistently exhibit enthusiasm about World Orphans and the opportunities available.
- Regularly pray for World Orphans and develop transformational relationships to grow the local church and the ministry of World Orphans.
- Subscribe to the World Orphans Statement of Faith, Standards of Conduct, and Mission Statement.
- Maintain high levels of integrity and confidentiality as it pertains to records, information, and financial data.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend weekly Communications Team meetings whenever possible.
- Clearly and accurately sort all media (photos, videos, etc.).
- Assist the Senior Director by ensuring our website is top-notch, content is accurate, and basic updates to the website (training provided) are complete.
- Provide Writer/Editor with social media assistance.
- Assist with other managerial tasks as needed.
- Deep passion to serve orphaned and vulnerable children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with usage of social media sites, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Comfortable learning and navigating online programs.
- High attention to detail.
- Heart of a servant who is eager to remove various projects off Communication Team members’ plates as time permits.
- Willing to both navigate complex challenges, while also being content to provide assistance with managerial tasks.
Please send cover letter and resume to Darci Irwin, Communications Project Manager (email@example.com).