Join us on a Journey Trip to South Africa, a country located at the southern tip of the continent of Africa. Our team will serve alongside South African believers and assist with various orphan-related ministries at our church partner location in Durban to include: a medical crusade for 200 orphaned children, serving in the bread-making ministry to the community, organizing food hampers for grandmothers who care for orphans, and playing with children.
While is South Africa, you will discover more about God's heart for the fatherless through meaningful, engaging experiences. Learn about the orphan crisis in South Africa, and what you can do to take action and combat this problem.
For more information regarding this Journey Trip, see FAQs below.
About SOUTH AFRICA
- Local currency is the Rand
- Most popular sports are soccer, rugby, and cricket
- South Africa has a temperate climate
- Winter: May-August
- Traditional food dishes contain maize and meat
- Population: 48-51 Million
- Life Expectancy: 49.41 Years
- Literacy Rate: 53%
- Highest death rate in the world
- Religion: Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism
- Unemployment Rate: 25.2%
- Official Languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu
- South Africa recognizes and gives legal protection to 11 different languages
TRIP SPECIFIC FAQs
- Estimated Trip Cost: $3,300
- Trip Deadline: Nov 30, 2016
- Team Size: max 15
- Where We Will Be (In Country): Durban
- Questions: email@example.com